Find your perfect adventure
A 3-day hike up and over the highest peaks of the Julian Alps.
This challenging hike in the Julian Alps lasts for 3 days and takes you from hut-to-hut through the best of the Julian Alps. The tour takes in the most beautiful mountains in this part of the Slovenian Alps, as you hike through spectacular scenery. This hiking tour is best for casual yet fit hikers who are looking for adventure in the wilderness of the European Alps.
The beautiful alpine Lake Bohinj, situated in the heart of Triglav National Park, is the starting and ending point for this round-trip hike. The Julian Alps await, as you ascend the foothills you will trek across lush alpine pastures, then hike up to some of the highest peaks. Along the way, you will meet local shepherds and gain insight into mountain life.
Accommodation will be in mountain huts where you can enjoy traditional Slovenian mountain food. If you feel so inclined, you can also become a true Slovenian by climbing the summit of Mt. Triglav – an optional extra for anyone who would like to challenge themselves even more.
Tours run every Monday from July to September. Alternatively, you can go private.
- 3 guided days with licensed English speaking hiking guide.
- 2 nights with half board in a mountain hut. Private rooms with 2-4 beds per room. Shared bathrooms.
- Transfer from Ljubljana, Bled or Bohinj to the start of the hike.
- Transfer from the end of the hike to Bohinj, Bled or Ljubljana.
- Transport to and from Ljubljana, Bled or Bohinj.
- Meals not specified in the Inclusions.
- Travel insurance.
- Guide gratuities and personal expenses.
- Other services not specified in the inclusions.
Guided hike to Mt. Triglav: 360 € per trip with 1-4 hikers