I moved to Slovenia in 2005 and have cycled and planned many routes here, so I am qualified to tell you that the best way to discover this gorgeous, unspoiled, green country is by bicycle. However, we are also close to southern Austria, Croatia and Hungary which can also be incorporated into your routes. In Slovenia you can choose from a guided or self-guided cycling holiday. All routes have been pre-programmed into our Garmin GPS systems which come as part of the package, making the routes very easy to follow. At the click of a button, you’re off!
Our base is located in the region called Pomurje, a level plain of farmland, forests, pretty villages and thermal spas, fringed to the north-east by the gentle wooded hills of the Goricko National Park. It is divided by the river Mura and bordered to the south-west by the rolling hills of Prlekija, renowned for their vineyards and wineries. A network of cycle routes and by-ways has long made this a favourite but unspoiled destination for cyclists, walkers and nature lovers.
Also in between developing tours all over Slovenia I have myself fully renovated My Mill https://simplycyclingslovenia.com/apartment/
- Comfortable Accommodation with Breakfast
- Quality bicycle and equipment
- Luggage collected & delivered to the next night’s accommodation
- Self-guided or guided. Both options include back-up support
- Pre-programed GPS (Garmin) and maps
- Easy, Medium, or Hard Routes or even a combination
- Electric bicycle hire
- Thermal spa days & treatments
- Wine tasting
- Lanes, paths & trails which have been PERSONALLY DISCOVERED & ridden first-hand
- TOTAL FLEXIBILITY! Unlike competitors, we can change things to suit your needs
- ROUTES TO SUIT ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE from the novice to the more advanced cyclist
- The BEST ROUTES to discover the REAL beauty of Slovenia
- Experienced leader who will make your cycling holiday in Slovenia an UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Our holidays take care of everything, leaving you free to relax and enjoy your day cycling at your own pace in the fresh air and sunshine.
So, come and join me, Paul Terence Wadkin, on the sunny side of the Alps, so you can see why I, as a cyclist, fell in LOVE with this beautiful, un-spoilt, quiet, & safe, hidden jewel of central Europe called SLOVENIA.