Find your perfect adventure
Cycle through stunning mountain scenery without the physical exertion. This self-guided cycling holiday takes you along the less demanding roads with the best alpine views Slovenia has to offer. Starting and ending at the fairytale Lake Bled, with its island church and hilltop castle providing a stunning taster for what is to come on this trip, the route then follows the quiet roads of Northern Slovenia.
While not a hugely demanding cycling holiday, a reasonable level of fitness is needed. The most difficult section is a mountain pass taking you up 750m / 2500ft in elevation. However, you have the whole day to tackle it, or you can arrange a lift over.
• The fabulous lake Bled and its breathtaking scenery
• Cycle through lush alpine valleys framed by majestic mountain peaks
• Visit some of Slovenia's most beautiful medieval castles
• Stroll the walkways along powerful rapids at Vintgar Gorge
• Peddle your way across verdant mountain pastures
• Take a swim in the crystal clear glacial Lake Bohinj
Day 1: ARRIVAL IN LAKE BLED 4* hotel
Day 2: BLED – RIBČEV LAZ
Day 3: RIBČEV LAZ – ŠKOFJA LOKA
Day 4: ŠKOFJA LOKA - PREDDVOR
Day 5: PREDDVOR - RADOVLJICA / BEGUNJE
Day 6: RADOVLJICA / BEGUNJE – KRANJSKA GORA
Day 7: KRANJSKA GORA – BLED
Day 8: End of the tour.